Pages

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Stepping Out

I wish I had a video camera with me yesterday. Wyatt is slowly starting to become one of those children that people refer to as "wide open." Our day started with storytime at the local library with Wyatt's aunt Carrie & cousin Lily. He gets so excited when we walk in the door & see Lily, and the excitement level only increases from there. Last week, much to my shock, he took off walking across the floor of the library & ever since has been getting better & better about walking. It was while we were singing "Baa, Baa Black Sheep" (a personal fav of his) and the teacher was a holding a puppet - he was just so focused on getting to that puppet to rip it off her hand, that he forgot about crawling I guess... So here we are at the library this week, and it is pretty much a free for all in there anyway. Wyatt is crawling around the room, only to stop every few feet, raise high up on his knees & screech with delight - people were really chuckling, as was I. Then, he would crawl himself over to another unsuspecting tiny tot and begin to try to pull himself up on that child, using them as a way to try & stand. Of course, this resulted in just a pile of toddlers and a little frustration on his part.

Through all this I wondered, will I ever get to hold my sweet little boy again? The closer we get to totally walking, the more he wants to gets down & do things on his own. Although he is inching his way towards 'back breaking' weights for mommy, I do still like to cuddle with him every now & then...

No comments: