Pages

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Sleep Log Completed

Before Wyatt was born I took all sorts of advice from my sister, who is an amazing mother of two I might add. One of the best suggestions that she made to me was to keep a sleep log. It started as a side project, but then it became sort of an obsession (I used to have to do a lot of "reporting" at my old job, so maybe a sick part of me missed that...) I have to say though, that after keeping up with it for a year I am definitely glad that I did it. It started as a simple Sleep Log, and then grew into a serious spreadsheet - tracking eating, sleeping, milestones, etc. It really came in handy when I needed to look back at Wyatt's sleep patterns. I also kept track of weekly milestones, so I trust that it will help me give some advice to my now pregnant friends when they ask what Wyatt has been doing at each age/stage.

So, what prompted my post was I just laid Wyatt down for a nap, and I came in to the computer to log it - I haven't done it for a few weeks, but I am still working on breaking that habit. It's crazy how I have learned to retain numbers & times too - if we were away for a weekend Seth would tease me because I would come home to my spreadsheet & insert all the the nap & sleep times that I had remebered from the weekend...the things we do as new mothers.

We have been blessed with an awesome sleeper since day one, but when (and if) there is another Baby Jernigan, I hope to be able to use this as a reference.

No comments: