Fast forward to a year & a half later & I am not much better at keeping this thang updated. My other mommy friend Abby has such an awesome blog, and I wish that I could keep up with mine the same way. I suppose since almost all of my friends & family are close by, it's not a necessary that I keep mine so up-to-date. But it seems like "update blog" looms on my to-do list each day. It's probably the one thing on my daily to-do list that I WANT to do, rather than unload the dishwasher (which seems to happen 30 times a day with a house full of plastic sippy cups & containers), vacuum or do laundry.
I sat down tonight & decided to write this post though to think about WHY I can't get this done more often. After first looking through my email, it suddenly dawned on me - I am over committed, with a capital "O." I guess I have a problem saying no, but here are the things I am currently involved in:
1) Advertising Sales part-time at Chapel Hill Magazine & Durham Magazine
2) Business Manager of the Junior League of Durham & Orange Counties annual fundraiser, the Bargain Sale
3) Acquisitions Committee member for the Caring House Gala
4) Partner in Lily & Wyatt, my company with my sister
On top of all of this, I have to find time to stay home with my almost 14 month old (while he learns to walk) & keep him busy - all while I cook & keep the house clean. Now listen - I am NOT complaining, just merely reminding myself why I feel a bit frazzled at the end of a day and that I need to learn to say "no" more often. I wouldn't trade my life for anything, but it does make me laugh how I used to think about being a SAHM & all of the projects & things I would get done...I do have my moments, like when I made this for Wyatt in two days:
With all this said - SOMETIME I will post about the amazing vacation my husband & I just took, and all of the latest news with Wyatt.
1 comment:
The blog always looms on my to-do list as well and I'm not nearly as involved in community activities as you are. And, you wouldn't believe how many appliques I've cut to attach to onesies but have never gotten around to finishing. That jumper is adorable.
There are days that I think we should give ourselves a pat on the back just for having helped our child live another day.
Take a break, read a book, or just sleep. You're a great mom and that's the most important thing there is.
Post a Comment