This morning Wyatt & I headed off to our church, Trinity Avenue Presbyterian, for our first day of Vacation Bible School. I have voluteered as a classroom leader this year, and Wyatt played with some kids in the nursery. This is only the second time he has visited the nursery, and the second time he has been with someone other than a family member. We were there from 9-11:30, which meant he would either take a nap there or miss one, but I was willing to take a chance.
We arrived to find that the A/C was out at the church, but not too hot in the building yet. I dropped off Wyatt & he immediatly took off to play with a room full of toys that were new to him, and other kiddo's. I headed off to my classroom filled with about 6 kids ages three-six. I had a lot of fun, and it was a great test of my patience for when Wyatt becomes this age!
I met up with Wyatt again at 11:30. He was stripped down to his onesie, sticky & sweaty & quite fussy. His diaper also looked like it was put on mid-wrestling match - I had to laugh to myself because I have played this game many times lately. He faired very well in the nursery (at one point I peeked in & saw him playing with my car keys) & the babysitter in there said she predicted he would be an engineer someday because he just loved to try to figure out how everything worked. I told her that the same is true at home.
Wyatt will stay home with Dad tomorrow morning to get his nap (he is about to start working on his 3rd hour of this afternoon nap right now). But, I think I'll bring him back on Wednesday - he seems to like socializing with the other kids, and I don't mind wearing him out a bit!
No comments:
Post a Comment