Pages

Friday, June 27, 2008

To nap, or not to nap?

Yes, another week closer to the first birthday & just starting to be presented with the newest baby challenge - giving up the morning nap. I have been told that this can be a very frustrating time in a Mom's life, and I would have to agree. The past two mornings Wyatt has decided that he would like to rest quietly in his crib (no complaints there - just enough time for me to shower), but then wants to get out & play. Trouble is, by the time lunch rolls around we are VERY tired. So, I guess this will just be another adjustment of our daily routine. I think it will take me more getting used to than Wyatt. This morning I laid him down at 9:00, and at about 10:30 he dozed off...which then creates a problem for the afternoon nap. He will be with Nanny & Papa this afternoon though, so maybe he will cooperate & nap as usual. This happens, and then the next day he's back to normal with 2 naps, so we'll see how it goes. Until then, I have to learn how to shower in the evening, or (eeks) get up before him in the morning. Note to self...buy more coffee.

No comments: