Pages

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Capture the Everyday: A Sign that Summer is Coming

Capture the Everyday from Adventuroo

Couldn't wait to post for this today - my picture would have also been appropriate for last week's theme, if only I had been that organized...

Had to post a cucumber pic - These are what started my gardening passion
& I managed to grow about 50 of them last summer!!
Gardening has really become a new passion of mine (although as evidenced by the photo above, weeding is still not my forte...) - I was born with a black thumb, but I seem to be turning a corner this year. Not only have I been able to keep our orchid alive for 9 months (long enough for it to get new blooms people!!), but my garden has grown by leaps & bounds compared to last year. Here's what we're currently growing around here:

-lettuce
-sugar snap peas
-pole beans
-spinach
-arugula
-roma tomato
-cucumber
-squash
-raspberries
-strawberries
-sunflowers
-sage
-lavender
-basil
-cilantro

I won't bore you with all of the photos, but the best part is that everything I have listed above is actually growing at this point!! I have planted in larger numbers, in hopes that if several things die off we'll still end up with something. We have been eating salads every night with the lettuce - it's awesome! And, if all the plants die in the next few weeks, which I am hopeful they won't, I can at least say I have had fun trying my hand at all of this.

Want to participate in 'Capture the Everyday' as well? Head on over to Adventuroo & link up!

3 comments:

Convertible Girl said...

Impressive list! Keep thinking I'll start a garden -- at this point, I'm already saying "maybe next year."

Alissa said...

Nice! I used to go stay with my grandparents during the summers and they would always put vegetables in the sleeves of my clothes for my mom to find when unpacking my suitcase.

So awesome that your garden is so plentiful.

Melissa {adventuroo} said...

Sorry I didn't respond before-- Blogger was down as you know!

You're doing AWESOME with the garden! We have tomatoes growing and some other things we're about to plant!

Are you making pickles with the cucumbers at all? I'd love to do that!