Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

Capture the Everyday: What's On Your Nightstand

Capture the Everyday from Adventuroo


I'm am loving this little weekly challenge from Melissa over at Adventuroo! This week's assignment? Capturing a picture of what lies on your nightstand. Already a sore subject with me - I have no "nightstand," only my dresser, which is next to my side of the bed. I have been wanting a new set of bedroom furniture for about 8 years now, but alas other things always come up. Until then, here are the contents of the "nightstand portion" of my dresser - enjoy!


- a note from my son telling me that he found a penny on the floor of his room & wondered if it could go into his piggy bank (but I'm sure you got all that just from reading the note - you can translate "toddler," right?)

- the Kindle that I gave my husband for his birthday a year ago, which he quickly replaced with the iPad. I was happy to call it my own and am currently reading 'The Help'. Attached to it is the book light I use every night - he can't sleep with the light on, and I am a bit of a night owl

- my iPhone, which I keep handy for when I can't sleep & use to keep up with baby's eating & sleeping schedule

- my baby monitor, which I just keep on for the video screen, no sound. We sleep with our door cracked open, or I would never sleep with that thing so close to my head

- my cup of water

- my "bible" - Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child, which I refer to quite often, even with #2

- the stack of magazines that I keep telling myself I will read soon - appears I have some serious catching up to do

- the TV & Apple TV remotes

And there you have it! What's on your nightstand? Head on over to Adventuroo to link up!


3 comments:

Autumn said...

Looks like you've got all the basics covered :) Does your husband give you crap about your stack of magazines? My husby doesn't particularly like that I have a huge stack, but it's not easy to read with kiddoes around!

Stay At Home Babe said...

I had the dresser/nightstand for a LONG time. You can tell that getting a nightstand changed my life after seeing the shenanigans that besought it :). Thanks for stopping by!

NainaDG said...

Do you like the Kindle? How does it stack up to the ipad? The good thing about having the dresser as a nightstand is that you get more surface area!!! So more stuff. I'll trade ya