Pages

Thursday, December 31, 2009

I Double Dog Dare Ya!

It seems that I've misplaced my sweet, mama's boy of a toddler these past two weeks - all I can find in his place is a stubborn, independent little boy, who insists on doing everything himself without help & wants to have a say in everything. Might I say that I am just a smidgen proud of him though? Although some of our days have been a bit more tiring (for Mom) with all of the time that it takes to "do things by one's self," or for Mom to simply trail behind & clean up the messes that are created in the process. However frustrating I find this on some days, I can't help but smile to myself when I walk into the kitchen to see 8 cups on the counter, teetering dangerously close to the edge & overflowing with water, and a grinning toddler at the fridge water spout greeting me with "Are you thirsty Mom?"

Which brings me to my next point...with all of this new found independence, surely my son can learn to drink from a cup or water bottle like a "big kid." We have been taking to it quite well, but when offered a sip of this water yesterday at lunch, I respectfully declined.


2 comments:

Melissa said...

That's hilarious and gross at the same time! My 2 YO does that too. Tonight he poured some pot sticker dipping sauce into his apple juice and drank it. EWW!

Jean Wharton said...

That is a beautiful picture! Taken with your new camera?