Tonight was a night for the record books - when I become a famour guitarist, I suppose I will look back on February 17, 2009 as the day when I learned guitar from my first lesson. Okay, so maybe not. After all, it was only the first lesson & it has taken me 5 months to schedule!!
The nicest thing about tonight though, was that I took 30 minutes for myself. Not for Wyatt, not for Seth, not to do housework or catch up on email...just 30 minutes to do something for ME. I am looking forward to the next few lessons - I went ahead & scheduled out for a month to force myself to do it. Hopefully I will be playing children's tunes before long, and maybe in the not too distance future I can strum a few Grateful Dead tunes for Wyatt as well.
The best part of my evening though was coming home to a happy toddler shouting "Targa, targa" (his word for guitar) quickly followed by "pick, pick." I promise to have some tunes for you soon buddy!
No comments:
Post a Comment