I have a new friend to get coffee with - he's a fabulous companion! We sit together on the sofa in the corner of Starbuck's with our beverages, and sometimes a treat, both reading the books we brought with us. Often we will sit quietly for up to 15 minutes without talking - just reading & enjoying our afternoon.
Would you believe me if I told you he was 18 months old?! I wouldn't believe me either, until it happened one day a few weeks ago. I was in the mood for coffee (when am I not?) and it was a cold, rainy day outside. I decided to load up Wyatt's library tote bag with some of his favorite books & a recent magazine I got in the mail. We headed to the local Starbuck's where I ordered my usual overpriced hot beverage & Wyatt picked out a milk. After settling down on the sofa together in the corner I noticed that Wyatt was content to people watch & flip through his favorite books, with me chiming in to read every few minutes.
So, we have an agreement now. At least once a week Wyatt will join me for some "we" time. We both get to enjoy our favorite beverages & books...and each other's company!
2 comments:
You are such a good mom! I wish that I could be there too!
We will try to join you guys next week... it sounds like a perfect afternoon!
Post a Comment