It has been "one of those weeks." It started with me uttering these words to my husband: "I need some new clothes for Fall. I am sick of my clothes & would love some nicer things to wear around - I feel like ever since I started staying at home my wardrobe has got to pot." This is how my week then progressed:
Monday - Lunch with Mom & Wyatt at Panera Bread - spill tomato soup down the front of shirt
Tuesday - Wyatt spills grande Starbucks down my white t-shirt before storytime
Wednesday - attempted to make Butternut Squash soup, only to have the blender explode soup all over me & the kitchen
Thursday - try to show Wyatt how to "jump" off the swings at the park & get stuck briefly (yes - complete blow to self-esteem, but thankfully the park was empty at the time) & get rust stains all over khaki shirt
Friday - attempt to shop for the new clothes I "needed" & resign that I will end up staining or ruining them somehow, so buy clothes for Wyatt instead...
One day, I will get back to a somewhat decent sense of style. Until then, I will live vicariously through Wyatt when it comes to "fashion."
1 comment:
Oh my gosh, I so identify with this post. You and I are in the same state in regards to fashion. I DESPERATELY want to update my wardrobe but then begin to think about my daily activities and what I really need and sadly my sweats pretty much suffice. Maybe we should take a weekend and go out together and help solve the conundrum of what a mommy of a toddler can wear and still look fashionable. Oh, and I usually end up buying Linus clothes instead too.
Post a Comment